A fully programmable high-performance forwarding plane that can scale
From Proprietary Dedicated Devices to Virtualization
CORD addresses the cost and complexity of dedicated, multi-vendor network devices in the central Office by separating the hardware from the software. CORD adopts standard x86 servers as the hardware base. The Telco software components run on Virtual Machines (VM) hosted by the x86 servers. This provides a flexible and cost efficient environment for executing Telco services.
CORD also modernizes the Central Office network. A Programmable Fabric of switches replaces the hierarchical switch structure running peer-to-peer protocols. The Programmable Fabric delivers a network that is efficiently managed via central control. And, with simple software upgrades, the fabric can adapt to new networking protocols.
Value-Add in the Network Fabric
NoviFlow switches are perfect for CORD. They provide the most powerful Programmable Fabric available with the match+action programmable pipeline is run on NPU base silicon. This architecture delivers: line-rate performance, huge match-rule sets, complex match conditions, powerful action sets, user defined match rules and actions and high-performance rule updates.
In addition to the core fabric programming service, NoviFlow switches deliver many Value-Added services. These services are programmed directly into the switching fabric. Example of key Value-Added services are:
• Service Function Chaining Architecture based n FRC 7665
• Cybersecurity Mitigation action implemented at line-rate in the switch fabric
• Line-rate load balancing implemented in the leaf switches for the switch fabric
But this is only a sample of what can be done. NoviSwitches are a programmable match+action pipeline environment that can inject value-add into the CORD network fabric as fast as you can think up the new use cases.
NoviFlow’s switches are designed for easy integration and installation in even the largest networks, and offer a rich set of O&M features such as SNMP, AAA authentication with Radius, auto-provisioning on startup with gRPC, and more.
- Programmable multi-table pipeline, full OpenFlow 1.3 to 1.5, enables up to 16 million flows to be tracked at line-rate up to 100Gbps per port and 800 Gbps switching capacity in a 1U/2U standard rackmount format
- Based on Openflow and IETF Service Function Chain (SFC) proposals
- Service Function Chaining Architecture (RFC 7665) implemented in NoviSwitch Leaf Switches
- Cybersecurity Mitigation implemented in NoviSwitch Leaf Switches
- Line-rate Load Balancing implemented in NoviSwitch Leaf Switches
- Rich set of O&M features for easy installation, configuration and management
- L2-L7 (incl. data payload) filtering and forwarding
- VxLAN/L2GRE/L2MPLS/GTP Tunnels
- API to inject, manage and monitor actions
- Routing, tunneling, monitoring, dynamic tapping, security filtering and mitigation, metering, load balancing, time stamping and other flow-handling at line-rate as part of network fabric
- Multiple port configurations available optimized for Access, Aggregation and ToR usage
- Classification done directly in the switch provides excellent performance, fast table updates and easy centralized provisioning and control
- Value-Added services executed in the network fabric, replacing dedicated appliances and thus reducing cost.
- Service Chaining capabilities complete the goal of provisioning VMs and associated networking from an Orchestration platform
- Capacity increase through unique scale-out architecture
- Modular scalability from small to hyperscale installations
- Supports millions of service paths
- Supports a large number of transport encapsulations (Vxlan, L2VPN, L3VPN, MPLS, GRE, etc) with possibility to mix and match
- Simplifies deployment of NFV, cloud and multi-tenant services
- IP/MPLS core network off-load and optimization
- Reduced installation and support costs via remote configuration and upgrades
- Future Proof
- Field upgradable as standard evolves via software field-upgrade
- Flexibility to extend OpenFlow as needed
- Flexibility to add/remove meta-data information in NSH
- NO vendor lock in as all components delivered on commercial off-the-shelf hardware.
Leave your email address or your telephone number below and we’ll contact you as soon as possible.