NoviSwitch High-Performance Programmable Forwarding Planes for Cybersecurity
The Cybersecurity market has exploded as the Internet threats continue to escalate. What was “good enough” just a few years ago, for example a firewall at the gateway, is now completely inadequate. BYOD and IoT create many entry points and huge traffic volumes that must be inspected for security threats. Also, the massive amounts of “East-West ” traffic in the datacenters generates another major threat vector. Placing a few dedicated security devices into your network is just not going to work.
Programmable network fabrics provide a new alternative. Cybersecurity mitigation actions are programmed right into the switch fabric. NoviFlow switches implementing the programmable OpenFlow protocol on Network Processor (NPUs) provide the features, scale and throughput required to secure todays network, as well as rich Open APIs including OpenFlow, NetConf, gRPC and SNMP, with all features available via a comprehensive CLI.
NoviFlow also has the Professional Services to assist cybersecurity solution vendors new to OpenFlow and SDN get started on leveraging the benefits of NoviSwitch with their own products.
- Programmable multi-table pipeline, full OpenFlow 1.3 to 1.5, enables up to 16 million flows to be tracked at line-rate up to 100Gbps per port and 800 Gbps switching capacity in a 1U/2U standard rackmount format
- User and application definable L2-L7 (incl. data payload) filtering and forwarding
- ACLs with up to 40,000 rule changes per second
- VxLAN/L2GRE/L2MPLS/GTP Tunnels
- API to inject, manage and monitor actions
- Routing, tunneling, monitoring, dynamic tapping, security filtering and mitigation, metering, load balancing, time stamping and other flow-handling at line-rate as part of network fabric
- Rich set of O&M features for easy installation, configuration and management
- Multiple port configurations available optimized for Access, Aggregation and ToR usage
- Line-rate performance, fast table updates and easy centralized provisioning and control
- Value-Added services executed in the network fabric, replacing dedicated appliances and thus reducing cost.
- Capacity increase through unique scale-out architecture
- Modular scalability from small to hyperscale installations
- Supports millions of service paths
- Supports a large number of transport encapsulations (Vxlan, L2VPN, L3VPN, MPLS, GRE, etc) with possibility to mix and match
- Reduced installation and support costs via remote configuration and upgrades
- Future Proof
- Field upgradable as standard evolves via software field-upgrade
- Flexibility to extend OpenFlow as needed
- Flexibility to add/remove meta-data information in NSH
- NO vendor lock in as all components delivered on commercial off-the-shelf hardware.
Please check out these NoviFlow Programmable Forwarding Plane Use Cases:
Leave your email address or your telephone number below and we’ll contact you as soon as possible.