Unprecedented Price/Performance in Truly Scalable, Carrier-Grade BNG/BRAS Solutions for Network Operators, Cloud Providers and Enterprises
Rapidly increasing bandwidth demand and customer expectations for on-demand services are creating challenges for carriers as upgrading legacy network hardware is costly, complex, and inefficient. Built for yesterday’s less dynamic internet traffic, hardware-based BNGs lack the scalability, agility and performance needed to keep up with rapidly growing bandwidth requirements.
NoviFlow and netElastic solve this problem through a disaggregated vBNG solution that combines NoviFlow’s high-performance SDN switches and netElastics’s highly scalable NFV software resulting in greater scalability, performance, and flexibility, along with lower costs. The joint solution enables carriers to realize the true benefits of SDN and NFV technologies while still leveraging existing investments and extends the radical CAPEX and OPEX benefits of SDN-based programmable forwarding planes to the BNG segment.
What The BNG/BRAS Solution Does
Broadband access solution architecture
NoviFlow’s line of high-performance fully programmable NoviSwitch forwarding planes leverage the advanced packet handling capabilities of the NoviWare Network Operating Software running on high-performance network processors to significantly boost throughput. NoviSwitch is available in a variety of port configurations, with enhanced filtering options at line rates of 1Gbps, 10Gbps, 25Gbps, 40Gbps and 100Gbps, and support up to 16 million simultaneous flows, depending on the NoviSwitch model. As an added benefit, the NoviSwitch/NoviWare programmable match-action pipeline architecture is specifically designed to simultaneously support in a single device multiple network services such as switching, routing, service chaining, firewalling, load balancing, etc.
Use case 1: Broadband Termination Platform
NoviFlow and Ordnance have joined forces to deliver a BNG/Broadband Remote Access Server (BRAS) solution; the first in a family of performance and cost-optimized Virtual Carrier Services uniting NoviFlow’s high performance forwarding planes with Ordnance’s next-generation telecommunications software platform.
Use case 2: vBNG Acceleration and Scaling
NoviFlow and netElastic have joined forces to deliver a quantum leap in virtual BNG scalability and performance by combining NoviWare SDN forwarding planes with netElastic’s Virtual BNG offer. The resulting solution provides Network Operators the Flexibility of a vBNG Solution that can Smoothly Scale up to 400 Gbps throughput.
- High Performance Virtual BNG to meet next-gen network needs
- Full routing and subscriber management feature set
- Performance and Scalability – vBNG can easily scale from 10 Gbps x86 hardware-only to 400 Gbps with NoviFlow SDN switches
- Seamless Growth – Single control plane can operate seamlessly across DPDK and SDN switches enabling service providers to scale services
- Compatibility – Fully compatible with existing installed switches and routers
- Cost – Disaggregated vBNG solution lowers TCO by 2x – 4x over hardware-based BNGs, and cost advantages are maintained as subscriber base grows
- Visibility and Control – Provides carriers with centralized software control for greater visibility to changing network and customer demands
- Subscriber Density – Supports up to 256,000 subscribers
- Automation – Full support of NETCONF & YANG for maximum programmability and easy integration with existing infrastructure
- Port Density – Up to 100 ports in a 2U format; Support for 10G, 40G, and 100G ports