ONF 2020 Spotlight Series: 5G Connected Edge – Programmable MEC
Protect the Mobile Core and Unleash Scalable Innovation with Programmable MEC
Technical Talk at 5G Connected Edge Cloud for Industry 4.0 Transformation – 2020 Spotlight Series
About this talk:
With the advent of 5G, cloud computing, and virtualization, services are moving closer to the Edge, and network traffic generated by telemetry, usage monitoring and traffic analysis are driving the costs of load balancing, packet brokering and telemetry collection through the roof. Furthermore, the increasing complexity of implementing security at the edge is becoming a limiting factor to protecting data, identity and network resources in the core, as well as becoming a barrier to network adaptability, latency and scalability and driving up both OPEX and CAPEX.
This presentation describes CyberElastic, a Multi-access Edge Computing (MEC) Platform solution that combines components from NoviFlow, Intel, Lanner and Fortinet to deliver a pre-integrated multi-Tbps scale-out Firewall service featuring elastic scalability, pay-as-you-grow economics, massive throughput, sophisticated analytics, easy installation, configuration and remote monitoring.
- Jesper Eriksson, VP Sales and Product Management of NoviFlow
- Sven Freudenfeld, CTO, Telecom Applications Business Unit at Lanner
- Nicholas Thomas, Standards, MANO and VNF Strategist at Fortinet
- Prem Jonnalagadda, Senior Director of Product Management and Marketing at Intel
- Marc LeClerc, VP Strategy and Marketing at NoviFlow
View on demand