Network Operating System
NoviWare Network Operating System is the SDN industry’s most complete and highest performance implementation of the OpenFlow 1.3/1.4/1.5 standard for use in switches, WAN IP/MPLS routers, network appliances and other high-bandwidth forwarding planes. NoviWare is designed specifically for SDN, offering Open, programmable match-action pipelines optimized for high performance switching chipsets such as the Mellanox NP-4 and NP-5 and Barefoot’s 6.5 Tbps Tofino chip.
NoviWare has been deployed around the world in NoviFlow’s NoviSwitch products, and is also offered via software license to OEM and ODM switching platform suppliers. Architected from the ground up to be a reliable, scalable platform for OpenFlow, gRPC, and soon P4-Runtime, NoviWare provides a smooth upgrade path to the next generation of PISA architeure based SDN applications and solutions. NoviFlow offers NoviWare for EZchip NP-4 and NP-5 network processors, and can customize the solution as needed to meet other hardware requirements.
Carrier-grade NOS architected specifically to enable programmable match-action pipelines
Leverages high performance whiteboxes running on network processors and Tofino chips
Multiple open northbound APIs for application integration
Three annual software releases per year for continuous innovation
- EZChip/Mellanox - NP5 Chipset
- High throughput (100Gbps to 400Gbps)
- Augmented with external TCAM/DRAM for very large flow counts (up to 7 million)
- Barefoot/Tofino Chipset
- Support for multiple whiteboxes (eg. Stordis, TradeDX)
- Very high throughput (6.5Tbps)
- TCAM/DRAM for large flow counts (up to 300K)
NoviWare for NPU Spec Sheet
NoviWare for Barefoot Tofino Spec Sheet
NoviWare FlowShaper H-QoS Feature
NoviWare FlowShaper H-QoS Feature is an optional add-on to NoviWare that leverages the Traffic Management and Hierarchical Quality-of-Service (H-QoS) capabilities of the same network processors already deployed around the world in chassis-based edge routers. The difference is that NoviFlow packages this awesome capability in a 1U enclosure, making NoviSwitches the ideal platform for implementing QoS-based services at a fraction of the price of conventional solutions. FlowShaper benefits from the advanced SDN architecture of NoviWare, giving it many advantages over traditional H-QoS solutions:
- match fields in the SDN industry, and even makes it possible for users to define new match fields, even in the packet payload.
- Far more flexible classification (more varied sources of classification) as NoviWare implements the most complete set of OpenFlow
- The ability to track to 1 million meters using these flexible flow classifications and associated policies (Drop, DSCP Remark) compliant with RFC2697 srTCM and RFC2698/ MEF 5 trTCM.
- Flows can be placed into any of 16 queues per class and a maximum of 46,000 classes for a total of 736,000 queues, and can then be forwarded through a 4-level hierarchy where traffic shaping is applied based on priority and rate limits, with 1 GB of deep DRAM buffer memory used for traffic shaping and Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED) providing for congestion avoidance.
FlowShaper Spec Sheet
Need more details?
Leave your email address or your telephone number below and we'll contact you as soon as possible