Intelligent Switching Software
NoviWare is the first high-performance OpenFlow 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 compliant switch software available for license to network equipment manufacturers. NoviFlow is raising the speed benchmark for software defined networking (SDN) to 800 Gbps and 360 Mpps of switching capacity by integrating network processors with the NoviWare intelligent switching software. NoviFlow offers NoviWare for EZchip NP-4 and NP-5 network processors, and can customize the solution as needed to meet other hardware requirements.
NoviWare 400.3 provides the industry’s broadest support of the OpenFlow 1.3 and 1.4 specification, including all actions, instructions and match fields, and key OpenFlow 1.5 features such as Copy-Fields and group chaining, thus delivering the capabilities and performance needed by intensive, leading-edge SDN and NFV applications. By implementing NoviWare 400.3 in their products, OEMs can significantly accelerate time-to-market of full-featured OpenFlow 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 offerings to their customers.
NoviWare 400.3 features include:
- High performance, fully programmable, software upgradable OpenFlow 1.5 packet processing pipeline based on NPU
- Linux-based NoviWare host CPU software for Intel or PowerPC
- Up to 10,000 Group table entries
- Up to one Million meters
- Support for multiple OF Controllers (ODL, ONOS, RYU)
- Up to 1 million wildcard match flow table entries in TCAM (60 tables)
- Up to 6 million exact match flow table entries in DRAM (60 tables)
- OpenFlow queues
- Bundles, Eviction, Vacancy Events, Role Status Events, Group and Meter change notifications
- Link Aggregation Group (LAG) with dynamic provisioning of ports
- L2MPLS networks for layer 2 PTP or PTMP MPLS services
- Extensive set of O&M features: rich CLI, OF-Config, TACACS+, RADIUS and SNMP v2/v3, and features optimized for large scale deployments including Plug-and-Play features such as gRPC remote automated provisioning and Switch IP address set via DHCP
- OpenFlow Experimenter-based extensions for ODL/ONOS/RYU controllers:
- L2-L7 matching, packet processing and flow management with up to 32-byte wide user defined IP and UDP payload exact or wild card match fields and maskable set fields actions
- Hash on user defined ordered list of OpenFlow fields and Symmetric Hash of Fields
- OF 1.5 Copy-Field also supported on OF 1.3 to 1.5 through OpenFlow Experimenter action
- Ethernet, IP, UDP and MPLS payload matching
- L2 tunneling protocol encapsulation/decapsulation for network virtualization via transport of Ethernet frames inside VxLAN/L2GRE/L2MPLS/GTP frames
- Swap fields
- Traffic shaping and Hierarchical Quality-of-Service (H-QoS) Optional Feature (see below for more info)
NoviWare FlowShaper H-QoS Feature
NoviWare FlowShaper H-QoS Feature is an optional add-on to NoviWare that leverages the Traffic Management and Hierarchical Quality-of-Service (H-QoS) capabilities of the same network processors already deployed around the world in chassis-based edge routers. The difference is that NoviFlow packages this awesome capability in a 1U enclosure, making NoviSwitches the ideal platform for implementing QoS-based services at a fraction of the price of conventional solutions. FlowShaper benefits from the advanced SDN architecture of NoviWare, giving it many advantages over traditional H-QoS solutions:
- Far more flexible classification (more varied sources of classification) as NoviWare implements the most complete set of OpenFlow match fields in the SDN industry, and even makes it possible for users to define new match fields, even in the packet payload.
- The ability to track to 1 million meters using these flexible flow classifications and associated policies (Drop, DSCP Remark) compliant with RFC2697 srTCM and RFC2698/ MEF 5 trTCM.
- Flows can be placed into any of 16 queues per class and a maximum of 46,000 classes for a total of 736,000 queues, and can then be forwarded through a 4-level hierarchy where traffic shaping is applied based on priority and rate limits, with 1 GB of deep DRAM buffer memory used for traffic shaping and Weighted Random Early Detection (WRED) providing for congestion avoidance.
Need more details?
Leave your email address or your telephone number below and we'll contact you as soon as possible