Current network topologies and management tools have made Data Center networks difficult to expand, hard to manage and expensive to operate. New approaches such as Software Defined Networking (SDN) make it possible to optimize networks on the fly and build for flexibility and quick response to changes in usage.
- The IT Manager's dilemma
- A fast changing landscape
- The typical Data Center today
- Open + Programmable + Virtualization = the SDN capable Switch
- Impact on the Data Center Manager
- Example: the Virtual Data Center use case